To assist with accommodation costs, the Baptist Student Hostel makes a limited number of grants available each year for dependents of New Zealand pastors and missionaries as we recognize the sacrifice they make in sharing the Christian message.
Students of missionary families and full-time ministry workers are eligible to apply for this grant.
Selection is based on:
- The applicants Christian background and parents’ full-time role in ministry.
- Grants are considered on a case-by-case basis and awarded on merit.
Conditions of the Grant
- Grants are limited to a maximum of $2,000 per year or a maximum of $1,000 per semester
- within that calendar year.
- The tenure of the grant is one year.
- The grant application must be submitted with the application for Hostel accommodation.
- Personal information supplied when enrolling may be used to aid in determining the success or otherwise of the application.
Payment of Grant
The value of the grant will be applied on a weekly pro-rata basis over the term of the recipient’s Accommodation Contract.
- For recipients who have selected the annual or semester payment option from the Accommodation Contract, a maximum credit refund of $1,000 will be issued at the end of each semester.
- For recipients who have selected the weekly payment option from the Accommodation Contract, the grant will be paid weekly and deducted from the weekly board payment.
The grant cannot be transferred or applied towards any administration or contingency fees.
Should the recipient leave the Hostel for any reason during the tenure of the grant, the grant will be cancelled. In such a case, the student will then be required to pay any outstanding board due in terms of clause 4 of the Accommodation Contract.
The grant may be held in conjunction with other scholarships, bursaries, or awards, so long as those scholarships, bursaries, or awards permit co-tenure.
1 October (ahead of the February academic intake).
Applicants will be notified of the decision concerning their grant application within 4 weeks. Late applications may be considered if any funding allocation remains.
How to Apply
Applicants should fill in our Accommodation Fee Grant Application form (printable version) and send it back to us with all supporting documentation.
The grant application must be submitted with the application for hostel accommodation.